September 03, 2009

Indonesia Earthquake

This is a post about a terrible earthquake that struck Indonesia's main island of Java. Since Indonesia is smack in the Pacific Ring of Fire earthquakes are no surprise to the residents of Tasikmalaya and Jakarta, the two cities that were hit. But as the death toll continues to grow(38 was the last count), people are thinking that this could be the worst natural disaster to hit Indonesia since the 2004 Aceh tsunami. unlike Typhoon Morokat, this is much more personal since I felt the earthquake myself while waiting for my car to pick me up at school.The reading on the Richter Scale was 7.3.

2 comments:

Michael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michael said...

Yes, Madhav, the actual feeling of the earth moving makes a news report much more meaningful, doesn't it. I was hoping for a graphic included and the social studies standards addressed a little more. Next time.