March 19, 2010




Elephant Run

Elephant Run by Roland Smith is an action packed suspense filled adventure set in Burma in 1941. When Nicholas Gillis Freestone, aka Nick, is sent to Burma to help his dad out in the family’s teak plantation. Nick grows to like the place, but all that is snatched away when the Imperial Japanese Army comes knocking on the front door. With Nick’s dad set to a camp and Nick and Mya, Nick’s friend, all alone, there seems to be nothing they can do. But the sudden appearance of Hilltop, a mysterious monk, convinces them that they need to set Nick’s dad free. The question is, will they succeed?

 

My favorite part of the book was actually the whole book. Each part was about the same in quality, length and pace, so I can’t judge. But that was the thing I liked about this book.

 

Roland Smith was born in Portland, Oregon November 30th 1951. He has worked in various zoos around America. Following the 1990 Exxon Valdez oil spill, he promptly launched 

a campaign to save the wildlife injured during the spill. He lives with his wife Marie and children Becky, Shawn and Niki Smith in Tualatin Oregon

1 comment:

Michael said...

Nice post. I'm wondering why it's taken me so long to find Roland Smith as an author. I'm planning on reading more of his work. I wonder if he could be a visiting author.